Do you have the problem to get your knife sharp? It is the most important tool of a shoemaker. No other tool influence the result and the working process so much like the knife.
With this set, you get everything you need to proper sharpen your knife and get the blade to a mirror shine.
The set includes:
1 x corundum grindstone in grain size 800, special vertical grindstone to sharpen also curved shoemaker knifes (size: 210 mm x 66 mm x 35 mm)
1 x leather strop
1 x polishing compound medium, grain size 5000
How to apply the polishing compound:
1. Warm the polishing compound and the leather strop on the heating for a wile and grease the polishing compound on the strop.
How to sharpen the knife:
1. Shoemaker knife has the blade on the side, which looks toward the thumb.
2. Keep the grindstone all time in water.
3. Take the stone out of the water and put him vertical on a non-slip surface (I am using a piece of leather).
4. Sharp the knife in a 20 degrees angle forwards and backwards with little pressure until you have an even blade.
5. Take the leather strop and sharp the knife from both sides until it has a mirror shine (pull the knife only backwards over the strop).
If you have any questions or special needs, please ask. I have a wide range of shoemaker tools.